Bournville College has a statutory and moral duty to ensure that the college functions with a view to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults receiving education and training at the college and is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the learners.
The College will support all learners by:
• promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the College
• encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness
• effectively tackling bullying and harassment
It is recognised that some learners may be the victims of neglect, physical, digital, financial, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with learners are well placed to identify such abuse or neglect and offer support.
At Bournville College in order to protect all learners, we aim to:
• create an atmosphere where all learners can feel secure, valued and listened to
• recognise signs and symptoms of abuse or neglect
• respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse or neglect