- Mission statement: To be the education and training provider of first choice
- Bournville College was established in 1913 (then known as Bournville Day Continuation School) by George Cadbury.
- The function of the school was ‘to provide young people with a sound general education which will fit them to meet the demands of life and work in the best possible way’.
- In 1973, Bournville College relocated to a new campus on Bristol Road South in Birmingham, which it occupied till 2011.
- In September 2011, Bournville College relocated to a new £66 million purpose built campus in Longbridge, kick-starting wider regeneration of the area after the collapse of MG-Rover in 2005. Click here to find out more about our new campus.
- The new campus features state-of-the-art facilities which include Mac suites, motor vehicle maintenance workshops, music studios, training kitchens, over 1000 computers, Wi-Fi internet access, 3D cinema room, online learning material, conference centre for 200 delegates and much more.
- The new campus also offers commercial facilities available to everyone, including: Urban Elegance hair salon, Urban Serenity beauty salon, Urban Flavours restaurant and Urban Fitness.
- Bournville College offers courses for school leavers, adults, employers and international students.
- Qualifications include A Levels, BTECs, NVQs, Apprenticeships, Higher Education and bespoke training for businesses.
- Bournville College is committed to ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of all students and to providing a positive environment where everyone can learn and work together.