Badminton Development Centre
We cater for all abilities providing you with opportunities to compete against people of a similar ability. Whether you want to come and play recreationally, or if you are more competitive we can cater for you. Just come along and ask which session is better suited to you.
Sessions are held in the sports hall and off-site and teams are entered in tournaments and leagues against other colleges. Even if you’ve not played before, come along and give it a go!
Bournville College is working in conjunction with The West Midlands Performance Centre who have National Governing Body qualified coaches. From September 2011, they will be coming to deliver training sessions in our brand new sports hall. Their support will help you to develop your skills as a player and support you on your journey of becoming a member of one of many clubs in the area.
The Performance Centre play a pivotal role in achieving the following:
- Develop badminton as a sport for all and encourage the best players to succeed
- Provide talent identification system for new and existing players
- Links with schools, sport partnerships and other local clubs
- Quality environment that develops players, coaches, officials and volunteers
- Highest standard of coaches and professionalism in delivering high quality coaching programmes
- Links to high performance centres and Badminton England’s World Class Programmes
If you are interested in playing please see the up to date enrichment timetable.
For more information on WMDC please visit http://www.cf-bc.co.uk/wmpc.html