Fees – a brief overview
Government policy on the funding of places in further education can change each year, please see the criteria below, relating to the current academic year. Please contact the College Admissions Team on 0121 477 1300 to discuss your individual circumstances.
Full Time students aged 18 or under on 31st August 2012
Courses are normally free for students who are aged 18 or under on 31st August 2012, enrolled on full time programmes that are government funded. All course fees now encapsulate all course-specific charges that were previously levied to learners, e.g. for a CRB check where applicable or for equipment you may need to buy, e.g. scissors for a hairdressing course.
Adults over 19
Course fees are usually applied to adult learners aged 19+. You may qualify for a reduced fee depending on your age, residency, previous qualifications and any work related benefits that you may be receiving. Fee concessions usually apply to the following:
Residents of England, EU/EEA members, spouse or child of EU/EEA members who have been resident in the EU/EEA for 3 years or more prior to the start of their course, for a purpose other than full-time education, and if they;
- Are in receipt of a Work Related benefits including; Job Seeker’s Allowance or Employment Support Allowance in the work- related activity group.
- Are unwaged dependants of those in receipt of a Work Related Benefit
- Are in receipt of Income Support
- Are undertaking an Adult Basic Skills course (literacy or numeracy)
- Are undertaking an Entry or Level 1 course (aged 19-12)
- Are undertaking their first Level 2 course (aged 19 to 23 only)
- Are undertaking their first Level 3 course (aged 19 to 23 only)
This applies to UK / European Economic Area residents only. Exam and other fees may be payable. Learners who qualify for any of the concessions listed above will not be eligible for assistance towards exam or registration fees. Learners who do not qualify for concessions may apply for assistance towards these costs via the 19+ Hardship Fund. (Contribution only – dependant on income)
Please note: All fees are payable on enrolment; fees of £100 or more can be paid over up to 3 instalments.