Bournville College has been recognised for its IT specialism, as the only Birmingham College to become a lead school in the Network of Teaching Excellence in Computer Science. This initiative, supported by The Department For Education, CPHC, Microsoft and Google, will enable teachers in schools to increase their knowledge and gain confidence as the government […]
Over 1,000 students participated in Bournville College’s biggest lecture and joined in watching the phenomenon of the recent solar eclipse.
Chances are, after the big #GenerationVote push on National Voter Registration Day, you’re already registered to vote. 70 per cent of young people are. But without the other 30 per cent we’re going to have trouble getting heard. So, let’s round up the stragglers.
Staff from Bournville College have collected their old uniforms and donated them to Tiny Babies Big Appeal, charity of the neonatal unit at Birmingham Women’s Hospital.
Twelve students of hairdressing visited Birmingham Women’s Hospital last week to pamper new mums and mums to be in a special pre-Mother’s day treat.
Tiny Babies Big Appeal will be Bournville College’s charity in 2015, it was announced at a charity ball which raised over £16K for the neonatal unit at Birmingham Women’s Hospital.
The sell-out event which attracted over 260 attendees to the College was organised by a couple whose twin girls were cared for in the neonatal unit after being born twelve weeks early.
Beatfreeks was formed in January 2013, before being officially incorporated as an organisation in June 2013. The Birmingham based organisation aims to pioneer new ways of engaging, empowering and developing people and spaces through a blend of arts, media, training, leadership and enterprise. The political interest levels of young people in the UK has been […]
A group of Access to Higher Education students at Bournville College celebrated their course achievements during an informal graduation ceremony.
Bournville College celebrated the launch of its brand new £6 million Construction and Building Services Centre in Longbridge. Over hundred delegates, including project partners, employers, staff, students and local residents attended the event. The Centre was declared officially open by Councillor Brett O’Reilly.
Bournville College is the best at event management, according to a prestigious national award. The marketing team scooped a gold award for Event Management, at a glittering College Marketing Network awards ceremony in Bracknell, beating colleges across the country. The award was for the centenary celebrations last year, which saw over four hundred visitors join […]
Bournville College has appointed Michele Sutton, OBE, as interim Principal and Chief Executive. Michele’s appointment follows the retirement of Norman Cave, who left the College last month due to ill health after twelve years at the helm. She joins the College on 5th January and will remain in the role until a permanent successor is […]
Bournville College staff and students hold pamper day for cancer patients at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. All the patients on the ward as well as their friends and families enjoyed the day. Patients were offered haircuts, head massages and manicures. Assistant Curriculum Manager for Hairdressing, Becci Nicholls commented: “This is one of the best parts of my […]
Bournville College Higher Education student Daniel Wyatt has won no less than 4 awards over the last 12 months. The impressive collection is made up of two Bournville College awards (Principals’ Award & Care in the Community Award) and two awards from the Association of Colleges (Inspirational Sport Student of the Year for the West […]
Bournville College’s Principal has announced his retirement after twelve years at the helm. Norman Cave, who took up the post in 2002, has served at the College for 33 years. The College has enjoyed many successes during Norman’s leadership, including extensive curriculum expansion into areas of management and professional programmes, construction, hair and beauty and […]
Bournville College Theatrical Media Make-Up student Faye Cleaver wins Silver Award in prestigious Skills Show competition. Faye competed against a range of talented students from colleges across the country, her skill and talent was there for all to see as she picked up the illustrious Silver Award. The Skills Show is the nation’s largest free to attend […]