NEBOSH Certificate – General
NEBOSH Certificate - General: 12 Days including exams
Click Next Step to book on the next available course.
The NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety training course is for personnel e.g. managers, supervisors, non-safety specialists etc. with health and safety responsibilities and who need a grounding and recognised qualification in occupational safety and health.
All Health and Safety short courses and training solutions can be delivered on-site at our campus in Longbridge, Birmingham or at any organisation in the West Midlands.
NEBOSH Certificate Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the legal framework, moral and economic requirements and implications for good standards in health and safety within an organisation.
- Develop, promote and communicate an effective health and safety culture in an organisation.
- Identify the key features of a health & safety policy, the preparations and performance review of a health & safety audit.
- Understand the importance of proactive and reactive health & safety monitoring measures.
- Identify hazards in the workplace and carry out risk assessments, record findings and review procedures.
- Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks & applying safe systems of work.
- Identify fire hazards and consequential risks, advise on measures to minimise fire risks and develop fire procedures.
- Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work & the environment & recommend suitable measures to combat risks.
- Explain the processes and procedures for investigating and reporting accidents at work.
Each delegate is required to sit two unit written exams during the NEBOSH Certificate training course and submit a written practical assessment. This paperwork is explained during the course by the tutor.
It is the delegate’s responsibility to submit their assessment within the timescale, any assessments not returned by the deadline will result in the delegate failing the course.
Delegates are awarded the Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety on successful completion of the training course. Certificates are issued by the examining body approximately 16 weeks after the last day of the course ending including exams.
Opportunities for Progression
NEBOSH's Certificate-level qualifications give a good foundation in health and safety for managers, supervisors and staff with health and safety among their day to day responsibilities.
NEBOSH qualifications are widely taken as a first step towards a career in health and safety and are accepted by IOSH – the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health – in meeting the academic requirements for Technician Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH).
Following completion of the NEBOSH General Certificate, there is the opportunity to fulfil additional certificates from within the NEBOSH portfolio.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
£1195 (including registration, all course materials, lunch and refreshments).
ADDITIONAL LEARNING SUPPORT
If you have a learning difficulty, disability or medical condition that means that you may require additional learning support during your studies, please ensure that you discuss this with the Assessment & Support Manager before enrolling on a course. It is essential that this is discussed at the earliest possible opportunity to ensure that the college has the resources available to meet your support needs. Please contact the Assessment & Support Manager on 0121 477 1300 for further guidance.
For Further Information
If you're interested in studying NEBOSH Certificate - General, enquiries for this course should be made to the Business Development Team.
Please contact Alistair Baker on 0121 477 1782, 0773 0143 562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org