Safe Moving and Handling – Level 2 Award
Safe Moving and Handling is a one day course.
Manual Handling injuries are the cause of most lost working days in the UK, with sprains and strains due to the incorrect lifting and moving of objects causing most suffering to employees.
The Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling is intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for:
- those starting work
- those returning to work
- employees who need specific training in manual handling
- as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training
Safe moving and handling is taught from our campus in Longbridge, the location of the campus provides our students with great transport links to Birmingham, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Bromsgrove and other surrounding areas.
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
Tutor led group work.
Practical assessment during delivery, 30 minute multiple choice test at the end of the day. Results received within 2 weeks.
Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling
Opportunities for Progression
On completion of this course, you may want to develop your skills further by undertaking a professional qualification.
There are no pre-requisites for this accredited qualification.
£50 per delegate (includes test entry and certificate)
For Further Information
If you're interested in studying Safe moving and handling, then enquiries should be made to the Business Development Team.
Please contact Michael Chambers on 0121 477 1419 or 0773 014 3562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org