BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Art & Design
This is a one year programme up to 5 days per week.
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Art & Design is a practical work related course. The qualification is a workshop and studies based hands on course that is first and foremost about building a portfolio of art and design work.
It is a 6 unit course:
The course units are
- 2d and 3d Communications
- Vocational Context
- Explore and Develop Ideas
- Produce an Outcome
You also take 2 specialist units:
- Working to Photography Briefs
- Working to Visual Arts Briefs
Functional Skills are a compulsory part of all Sixth Form Centre courses. Students set targets to improve their skills, and gain qualifications, in English, Maths and/or IT. The Functional Skills and levels taken are based on initial assessment and previous GCSE results. There is a particular emphasis on skills required for Art & Design. Students build up a folder of evidence from their vocational work and may be required to sit one or more tests.
Students develop their skills through practical sessions, demonstrations, workshops, portfolio development, one-to-ones and personal tutorials.
Students put together a portfolio for all 6 units of the BTEC Level 2 Diploma. Two of the units are externally set projects.
On successful completion of the programme students will be awarded a qualification that is the equivalent to 4 GCSEs grade A – C.
Opportunities for Progression
Students who complete the programme of Merit or above can progress onto the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design.
- Four GCSEs grade D or above including GCSE Art & Design
- A BTEC Introductory Diploma in Art (Distinction) or Merit grade plus 1 GCSE at grade D
- A BTEC Introductory Certificate in Art (Merit or Distinction) plus at least 2 GCSEs at grade D or above
- Students will need to attend an interview with examples of their art work
- All applicants must have a good reference
For Further Information
Please contact the Advice Zone on 0121 477 1300, call in or email firstname.lastname@example.org