Apprenticeship Age Grant for Employers
Apprenticeships can be a cost-effective way of growing your workforce and ensuring your staff have the skills that you want, right from the outset.
Are you interested in creating apprenticeship vacancies?
Did you know you could receive £1500 towards your business…
The Government grant can help you:
• Create apprenticeships for young people
• Cover apprenticeship wages
• Receive a one-off payment if you take on a young person
Your business may be eligible if:
• Your organisation employs no more than 1000 employees
• You can commit to employing an apprentice for at least 12 months (or the time it takes to complete the apprenticeship)
• You have not recruited an apprentice in the last 12 months
• You would employ a young person aged 16-24
The grant of £1,500 is payable in full after 13 weeks. Grants are available on a first come first served basis and end in March 2013. Apprentices must be paid the minimum wage of £2.65 and must be in employment for a minimum of 30 hours per week. Employers are offered a maximum of three grants for three apprentices.
For more information please email The Apprenticeship Team or call 0121 477 1400.