West Midlands Special Needs Transport

wmsnt

Bournville College has recently worked in partnership with West Midlands Special Needs Transport (wmsnt) to offer valuable qualifications to their staff.

Wmsnt provides important links for many in the community and assists those with limited mobility to help get around independently.

Bournville College worked with wmsnt previously providing the NVQ in Road Passenger Vehicle Driving Level 2. With the success from the previous cohort, wmsnt decided to offer the training again to their workforce.

Two of the learners, retired Police Officers Lynn & Steve Butler from Halesowen, who have been married for 28 years are both currently employed at wmsnt and operate two of their school runs in both the mornings and afternoons taking disabled children to and from school.

Lynn (52) believes the NVQ she gained is very worthwhile and has helped with her current role. ‘I was originally put forward for the NVQ by my manager and it was something that I wanted to do. As I had previously worked in the police force for 30 years I had come from a career that encouraged self-improvement and I enjoyed the opportunity. The NVQ training with Bournville College covered all aspects of the job, but personally I found the Health & Safety element the most relevant. I have been employed by WMSNT since April 2011 and enjoy the school runs in the morning and afternoon. The training helped to give me more confidence in my job role’, commented Lynn.

Steve (54) considers the training programme to benefit both the staff and employers too. ‘The training benefits me in the long run as well as the company as it shows that wmsnt has a qualified workforce and invests in its staff development. The NVQs are very practical qualifications that make you stop and think about other areas of your job. For example in my case it made me a lot more aware of Health & Safety on the road or when passengers are using one of our vehicles’, reflected Steve.

Senior Training Officer, John Gidlow, said, ‘Wmsnt is committed to delivering a high standard of passenger safety and comfort. To this end we whole heartedly promote the NVQs we have been delivering in partnership with Bourneville College. Not only does it give a morale boost to the employees but it also confirms to those agencies that fund us that we are actually delivering the quality service we say we will. Without the support of Bourneville College we simply could not have achieved this level of success.’

Bournville College have a range of fully funded level 2 and 3 NVQs and Certificates available to your business. If you would like information please call the Business Development team on 0121 477 1400 or email [email protected]

Posted: Tue 7th February 2012 | Uncategorized | 1 Comment »

1 Comment

1. That’s great to see. There’s a mobility company providing mini-buses for special needs near where we work.

We reserve the right not to publish content which is deemed unsuitable